It is a kind of Panchakarma treatment or cleansing practice, which is commonly used in Ayurveda. Nasyam involves the administration of medicinal herbs, herb-infused oils through the nasal cavity in order to treat various ailments and promote well-being.
In terms of Ayurvedic dosahs, Nasyam is recommended as a practice of balancing of all the doshas, but particularly the Vata Dosha.
A Complete treatment for the diseases that emerge above the collar bone (clavicle) like diseases from nose, throat, head, sinuses and eyes.
In this treatment at Ancient Veda, the medicated oils / herbs are instilled in the nostrils of the patient. Followed by the massage of upper body. For the better absorption of the oil.
There is a very well saying that goes perfect in case of Nasyam treatment from Ayurvedic texts:
नासा हि शिरसो द्वारम्
Nose is the doorway to our brain. As the medicines given via nose reaches upto the head, treating all the ailments.
Benefits of Nasyam Treatment:
- Cleanses, purify and strengthen the nasal passage
- Relieves congestion, allergies, sinusitis, rhinitis and all types of nasal infections
- Reducing migraine and other headaches
- Treats frozen shoulder, facial palsy, cervical spondylosis
- Reduces greying of hair and hair fall
- Release stiffness in the head, neck, and jaw
- Nourishes respiratory system and head
- Improves eyesight
- Fights from all the problems occurring due to air pollution
- It is a boon for all the sensory organs